Hunting in Cyprus.

Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anthimos

Hunting in Cyprus.

Δημοσίευση από Anthimos »

Hunting is a very popular sport in Cyprus.

Hunting in Cyprus is been practiced for many centuries. It is a tradition that started due to the daily needs of providing meat to the family and now practiced as a sport and hobby . There is a lot of hunters on the island (45.000) It is not a coinsitence that some of the best shooters in the world for SKEET, TRAP and also FITASC and SPORTING , are Cypriots!!

The hunting season in Cyprus starts mid August with woodpigeon and turtle doves and ends end of February.
The Game & Fauna Dpt will issue maps with the areas you are allowed to hunt and species you are alowed to shoot.
Also beside the map, the areas where hunting is prohibited are marked with orange coloured signs stating clearly that in that area, hunting is prohibited.
Hunting in some areas is prohibited permanently cause of national parks and also for the protection of the mufflon. (wild sheep)
In Semptember and October along with woodpigeons and doves you can also hunt migrating quails.In November, starts the hunting season for Hare, chuckar partidge and fragolin . As from this time you may also hunt woodcock and thrushes along with woodpigeons doves and some types of ducks and snipes. November to December is the ONLY time of the year that you can practice hunting accompanied by hunting dogs.
The QUOTA during this season is 5 partridges or 4 partridges and 1 fragolin or 4 partridges and 1 hare or 2 hares.
You are allowed to shoot only 1 fragolin and no more than 2 hares per hunting day.
Hunting is allowed only Sundays and Wednesdays from dawn to dusk unless anounced differently by the game and fauna dpt.
The season for hare, partidges and fragolin ends end of December around Christmas.
January to end of February you can hunt thrushes, woodcocks, pigeons and doves and also some Ducks and snipes but dogs is not allowed.
Hunting in Cyprus is usually performed with douple or single barrel 12 gauge shotguns but also hunting with 20,28 gauge, 16 gauge and 410 floberts is allowed.
Other type of guns like semi automatics and automatics is not allowed!!
Also hunting with any kind of traps and mist nets is prohibited.
Είναι συνήθεια αυτών που δεν έκαναν ποτέ τίποτε, να κατηγορούν τους άλλους γιατι δεν τα έκαναν ολα!!!
scottl

Re: Hunting in Cyprus.

Δημοσίευση από scottl »

hi i am looking for some info on hunting in cyprus ,
mainly i would like to know if i can use a crossbow to hunt in cyprus, i have looked and read certain things but nothing really mentions it .
any other advise or tips would be greatly appreciated .
thank you .
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anthimos

scottl έγραψε:hi i am looking for some info on hunting in cyprus ,
mainly i would like to know if i can use a crossbow to hunt in cyprus, i have looked and read certain things but nothing really mentions it .
thank you .

No my friend as far as i know crossbow hunting in Cyprus is forbitten!!!
Although is an extremely interesting perspective :D
Είναι συνήθεια αυτών που δεν έκαναν ποτέ τίποτε, να κατηγορούν τους άλλους γιατι δεν τα έκαναν ολα!!!
Άβαταρ μέλους
marinos.a
Site Admin

Δημοσίευση από marinos.a »

hi, you should also know that possessing a crosbow is also illegal.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
MONO AU-79

Δημοσίευση από MONO AU-79 »

ΟΙ ΜΑΝΑ ΜΟΥ Ο ΚΑΘΕΝΑΣ ΜΕ ΤΟ ΠΡΟΒΛΗΜΑ ΤΟΥ ΕΜΕΙΣ ΠΑΜΕ ΚΗΝΗΓΙ ΜΕ ΤΑ ΟΠΛΑ ΚΑΙ ΕΝ ΒΡΕΙΣΚΟΥΜΕ ΘΗΡΑΜΑ ΚΑΙ Ο άλλος ΘΕΛΕΙ ΝΑ ΜΟΥ ΠΑΕΙ ΚΗΝΗΓΙ ΣΤΗ ΚΥΠΡΟ ΜΕ ΤΟ ΤΟΞΟ :D :D :D
Marinos

Δημοσίευση από Marinos »

Just replying to the right above that abroad it's actually a popular hunting method among hunters, and a very interesting one indeed. But considering the game we have here in Cyprus, not really possible
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος Marinos την 11 Ιαν 2012, 19:08, έχει επεξεργασθεί 2 φορές συνολικά.
Φορούμε ΠΟΡΤΟΚΑΛΊ πάντα. Γιατί κάμνουμε το χόμπι μας, ΔΕΝ πάμε στον ανταρτοπόλεμο!!!!! Πίσω στες οικογένειες μας σόι και αβλαβείς!
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anthimos

MONO AU-79 έγραψε:ΟΙ ΜΑΝΑ ΜΟΥ Ο ΚΑΘΕΝΑΣ ΜΕ ΤΟ ΠΡΟΒΛΗΜΑ ΤΟΥ ΕΜΕΙΣ ΠΑΜΕ ΚΗΝΗΓΙ ΜΕ ΤΑ ΟΠΛΑ ΚΑΙ ΕΝ ΒΡΕΙΣΚΟΥΜΕ ΘΗΡΑΜΑ ΚΑΙ Ο άλλος ΘΕΛΕΙ ΝΑ ΜΟΥ ΠΑΕΙ ΚΗΝΗΓΙ ΣΤΗ ΚΥΠΡΟ ΜΕ ΤΟ ΤΟΞΟ :D :D :D

Εν φοβερη εμπειρια μεν την υποτιματε ,
Άβαταρ μέλους
Phinix

Δημοσίευση από Phinix »

English section...???
Λαοι, που ξεχνανε την ιστορια τους, είναι καταδικασμενοι να την ξαναζησουν
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anthimos

Phinix έγραψε:English section...???

:oops: True!!!
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anthimos

scottl έγραψε:hi i am looking for some info on hunting in cyprus ,
thank you .

Scottl, if crossbow was allowed what would you hunt in Cyprus, since the game fauna is relatively small birds and hares !!!???
Where are you from ?? Do you hunt in your country with crossbow and what game???
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “ENGLISH SECTION”