Hunting in Cyprus.

scottl

Re: Hunting in Cyprus.

Δημοσίευση από scottl »

hi thank you for your replys ,
im from the uk , and have mainly hunted in the west midlands and scotland , i have brought down both red deer and doe deer ,also hares and squirrels with it .
i understand where you are coming from , but i have read several articles and sites and havent actually found anything that mentions crossbows ,
and finally is it really illegal to own one , even if it is just used for target practice lets say ?
thank you .
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anthimos

Δημοσίευση από Anthimos »

scottl έγραψε:hi thank you for your replys ,
im from the uk , and have mainly hunted in the west midlands and scotland , i have brought down both red deer and doe deer ,also hares and squirrels with it .
i understand where you are coming from , but i have read several articles and sites and havent actually found anything that mentions crossbows ,
and finally is it really illegal to own one , even if it is just used for target practice lets say ?
thank you .
No in terms of target practice its ok , as far as i know there is a few active archery clubs on te island that organise events and competitions and you can as well practice archery.

Now i have no idea if the type of crossbow you have is the same with the ones they use for archery in Cyprus and so on .
Είναι συνήθεια αυτών που δεν έκαναν ποτέ τίποτε, να κατηγορούν τους άλλους γιατι δεν τα έκαναν ολα!!!
Άβαταρ μέλους
APOLLON_1

Δημοσίευση από APOLLON_1 »

ΡΕ ΑΝΘΙΜΕ ΘΟΡΟ ΜΙΛΑΣΤΑ ΦΑΡΣΙ :lol: :lol: :lol: ΕΓΩ ΠΟΥ ΤΙΝ ΑΛΛΙ ΦΚΑΛΩ 3-4 ΛΕΞΕΙΣ
EPANIEL POWER
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anthimos

APOLLON_1 έγραψε:ΡΕ ΑΝΘΙΜΕ ΘΟΡΟ ΜΙΛΑΣΤΑ ΦΑΡΣΙ :lol: :lol: :lol: ΕΓΩ ΠΟΥ ΤΙΝ ΑΛΛΙ ΦΚΑΛΩ 3-4 ΛΕΞΕΙΣ

Εν πειραζει λεβεντη μου. ο παικτης βασικα χρησιμοποια τοξο για να κυνηγα, κυριως ελαφια και λαγους στη Σκωτια και ρωτα αν επιτρεπετε στη Κυπρο.

Οσον αφορα τους Εγγλεζουν και το κυνηγι νομιζω δεν εχει αλλους σε θεματα διαχειρισης και κυνηγετικων ειδων και αξεσουαρ στο κυνηγι μονον τους παραδεχομαι ομως για να εξηγουμε!!! :D
Είναι συνήθεια αυτών που δεν έκαναν ποτέ τίποτε, να κατηγορούν τους άλλους γιατι δεν τα έκαναν ολα!!!
scottl

Δημοσίευση από scottl »

i think i understand , if google translate is right hehe :P
i have to point out tho that it is a crossbow and not a compound bow , would that make any difference ?
Άβαταρ μέλους
Anthimos

scottl έγραψε:i think i understand , if google translate is right hehe :P
i have to point out tho that it is a crossbow and not a compound bow , would that make any difference ?

Honestly....have no clue :D

You dont own a shotgun ? You just enjoy hunting with a crossbow?
scottl

Δημοσίευση από scottl »

i dont own one over here no , i have used them before but much prefer the crossbow , the crossbow is just a whole other level , i personally believe it brings a vast new amount of skill needed ,
I was told it might help to go ask at a police station for info , do you think this would help and , is there one that would be better than the others ?
Marinos

Δημοσίευση από Marinos »

My friend, at whichever police station you end up asking for info on crossbow hunting in Cyprus, prepare not to be taken seriously, and maybe even laughed at by some. Friendly people, I don't say, but that is the mentality of the cypriot.
:)
Possible scenario: you sitting there for more than half an hour watching them making phonecalls here and there to find an answer to your question
Φορούμε ΠΟΡΤΟΚΑΛΊ πάντα. Γιατί κάμνουμε το χόμπι μας, ΔΕΝ πάμε στον ανταρτοπόλεμο!!!!! Πίσω στες οικογένειες μας σόι και αβλαβείς!
Άβαταρ μέλους
virtualgreek

Δημοσίευση από virtualgreek »

thank you .

Dear scottl,

unfortunately you dont have that many options here. The problem isn't hunting with a bow or crossbow by people like you who have been brought up with strict hunting rules, but rather the local uneducated average Joe who doesn't respect the laws and hunting rules.

A bow or crossbow falls under the silent weapons. It is mainly used abroad for hunting wild boars, roe deer, (other types such as whitetail, mule deer in the US) whilst I have seen people use it for rabbit hunting, hare hunting, pheasant hunting and even quail hunting. However, such a silent weapon in Cyprus would be a devastating weapon in the hands of pouchers, yet alone in the hands of organised crime gangs.

There are very few deer in Cyprus of the Dama-Dama kind and a vary rare Mouflon found only in Cyprus, both of which are strictly protected as heritage. Such a weapon in Cyprus would only give the means to pouchers to exterminate the few wild deer and mouflons left.

On the other hand there is an archers club in Cyprus where you may practise and participate in local tournaments for arching. I will be more than happy to provide you with contact information for the archers club where you may find more details for this sport.

Kind Regards
S. Makris
Πρώτα από όλα πρέπει να είστε Κύριοι στο βουνό, και μετά κυνηγοί...
Άβαταρ μέλους
marinos.a
Site Admin

Δημοσίευση από marinos.a »

Anthimos έγραψε:
thank you .
No in terms of target practice its ok , as far as i know there is a few active archery clubs on te island that organise events and competitions and you can as well practice archery.

Now i have no idea if the type of crossbow you have is the same with the ones they use for archery in Cyprus and so on .
Good morning,

We have no crossbow competitions in Cyprus and yes it's illegal to own one.
Recurve bows are allowed and they can only used for competition purposes

If you are into athletic archery there are clubs you can join.

http://el-gr.facebook.com/pages/%CE%9A% ... 5503943507
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “ENGLISH SECTION”